CALL for REUSE ARTISTS
ARTISTS’ CHALLENGE @ Cracked Pots Edgefield 2018 Reuse Art Show
Open to anyone working with recycled or reused materials. No entry fee.
Each year the Cracked Pots Edgefield Reuse Art Show features a special element to delight the public and educate them about creative reuse. We call this section of the show the Artists’ Challenge. Members from the public are warmly invited to enter this Challenge. No jurying involved.
2018 Theme: The theme for this year’s show is “Treasure”. We are keeping the theme deliberately “open”. You can make whatever suits your fancy and interpret the theme in whatever way you wish. Your art piece may be tiny or large, ornamental or useful, made of any recycled or reused medium. We welcome your creativity. See details below.
Show Dates/Times: Tuesday (10am to 8pm) and Wednesday (10am to 7pm), August 14th and 15th, 2018.
Show Location: The spectacular gardens and grounds of McMenamins Edgefield (2126 SW Halsey Street Troutdale, OR)
* Artists may enter up to 2 pieces of art in the Challenge. No entry fee. No application needed.
* Individuals or groups may enter. There is no age limit. Children/youth most welcome.
* Each piece of art must have a story tag delineating the story/origin of what the piece is made of.
* Each piece must be made of a minimum 80% by volume of reused materials.
* Each piece of art must be priced.
* Cracked Pots takes no commission from art sold in the Challenge.
* Your art piece (or pieces) to be delivered by 10am on opening day of the show, Tuesday August 14th. Bring your art to the Challenge area located across from the Cracked Pots booth in the Little Red Shed area of the grounds. We’ll sign you in and handle all art sales; you do not need to be present at the show for your art to be sold. Your unsold art must be picked up from the Challenge area soon after 6pm on Wednesday August 15th. Show closes at 7pm.
* Your entry will be eligible to win the “People’s Choice” vote award. The winner receives $100 from Cracked Pots.