Position Opening: Communications Coordinator
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Hours: Part time position, 40-60 hours per month, not to exceed 720 hours in a calendar year (maximum annual compensation $10,800)
Work Days: To be determined, flexible. A minimum of 10 hrs per month at Reclaim It! 1 N Killingsworth
Benefits: No medical or vacation benefits offered
Dates: Application due by midnight, October 2, 2017. Position begins: November 1, 2017 (or earlier if feasible)
Cracked Pots (CP) is a non-profit environmental arts organization devoted to waste reduction. ReClaim It! (RCI), a project of Cracked Pots, is a retail store selling objects and materials rescued from the waste stream, in order to inspire people to look creatively at trash.
The Communications Coordinator supports the activities of Cracked Pots and ReClaim It! in the areas of website management, social media promotions, mailing list management and other aspects of program marketing. Web based sales experience is desirable, but not required. This position requires self motivation, initiative, flexibility, problem solving, team work and creativity.
The ideal candidate will have verifiable experience in website management, social media marketing, and mailing list maintenance; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; web based sales; strong attention to detail; ability to work independently and as part of a team; computer fluency with Photoshop and/or other graphics programs; and, a commitment to natural resource conservation.
This position will work closely with the Reclaim It! Store Manager and the Marketing Committee. This position is supervised by the Operations Manager/Volunteer Coordinator. All work is subject to CP Board approval.
The position is part time. Hourly pay starts at $15/hr. Hours not to exceed 480 per year (without prior approval), with a maximum annual compensation $ 10,800.
Duties of Communications Coordinator:
At the direction of the CP Board, and under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Communications Coordinator will:
1. Manage the Cracked Pots and Reclaim It! websites by:
· assuring that information on both websites is updated monthly, and reflects the currents activities/events related to each.
· Initiating and managing a “donation” portion of the website
· working closely with the Marketing Team, Operations Manager and Store Manager to track activities/events needing to be highlighted on both websites.
· coordinating the two websites (CP and RCI) for accuracy of information and appropriate cross referencing when required- minimum monthly.
· Instituting and managing the weekly listing/photographs of new/unique/antique items on the RCI website
2. Manage the CP and RCI mailing lists by;
· Inputting new information on a monthly basis, keeping all lists current
· Purging outdated information on a quarterly basis
· Assuring the merger (and lack of duplication) of the two lists when deemed necessary for a particular mailing
· Facilitating the mailing of newsletters, and/or event announcements in a timely fashion related to the activity
3. Maintain archive of CP policies and procedures and corporate records, including an external hard drive of all CP data, backed up weekly.
4. Manage all marketing and social media activity, including:
· Weekly Facebook postings- photos and copy
· Weekly Instagram postings- photos and copy
· Writing copy for newsletters, press releases, flyers, website, in conjunction with marketing committee
5. Initiate and support on line sales of designated retail items (in coordination with the store manager) by using such sites as EBay, Facebook, Nextdoor, Offerup, Freecycle, Let go, etc.
6. Manage CP communications including making timely responses to general CP email inquiries, answering questions, and directing emails to the appropriate person, board, or staff and responding to queries from Metro’s Hot Line.
7. Meets with and reports regularly to supervisor on activities being undertaken and keeps supervisor apprised of project developments
8. Keeps a detailed timesheet and provides monthly activity reports to supervisor.
9. Performs other duties requested by the Board to support and enhance CP programs.
Skills and Abilities of Communications Coordinator:
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
· 2 years verifiable experience working with social media, website maintenance
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to “get the job done”
· Demonstrated skills with computer programs including Word, Excel, Google docs, Google Sheets, Photoshop, web design, Square Space, Mail Chimp, Drop Box
· Experience selling items on line using Craig’s List, EBay, “Nextdoor”, or other sites.
· Commitment to recycling and reuse and a strong interest in CP’s waste reduction message
· A flexible work schedule that facilitates working from the store and from home.
· A reliable computer and printer
A cover letter, resume and a sample social media post (for Reclaim It!) and a 250 word article about waste reduction and creative reuse should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on October 2nd. Materials will be reviewed as they are received.