Position Opening: Edgefield Events Manager
Edgefield Events Manager (EEM)
Applications Due January 1st, 2018 by Midnight
Overview: The EEM is responsible for managing the 2018 Edgefield art show for cracked pots (CP) from inception through completion, under the direction of the CP board. This includes, but is not limited to, the recruitment artists, all communication and negotiation with artists, and managing all pre-show and post show requirements. The EEM works in coordination and cooperation with the Edgefield Team, the Communication Coordinator, and the Volunteer Coordinator, and serves as the liaison with McMenamins Edgefield. This position reports to the CP Board President.
Pay: The pay for this position is $20 per hour.
Start Date: Mid-January 2018
Hours: A maximum 0f 400 total hours between January and September 5, 2018. The EEM is authorized to work no more than 40 hours in any work week, with the single exception of the week of the 2018 Edgefield Art Show (2018 dates not finalized, but likely to be late July or early August).
Benefits: No medical or vacation benefits, other than statutory unpaid sick leave.
About Cracked Pots
Cracked Pots is a volunteer driven non-profit devoted to waste reduction in our community. Creative reuse - reclaiming and reimagining - is at the heart of all we do. The show debuted in 1998 in a private Portland garden where eight artists were featured. Folks took notice, and in 1999 the show moved to McMenamins Kennedy School. In 2000, now becoming a wild success, the show moved to the stately and spacious grounds of McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale where it features up to 100 reuse artists whose work consists of at least 80% recycled/reclaimed materials.
Core Functions of the Edgefield Events Manager Postition
Artist recruitment, jury process, and artist management
● Recruitment of artists, with a strong emphasis on recruiting new artists to the show through community outreach, and networking. The goal for the 2018 show is 100 artists.
● Management of the entire artist application and jury process for the CP Board, including the "call to artists", a digital presentation of artists for jury; acceptance/rejection communications.
Coordination of outreach, show publicity, and data management
● Work with the CP Communications Coordinator, in a support role, to manage show publicity and promotion, including both print and digital outreach.
● Management of the CP electronic mailing list; and electronic dissemination of the show postcard or other promotion materials.
Show management, communications, and on-site work
● Management of all artist pre-show communications including the initial "call to artists"; artists applications and acceptance/rejection; placement of artists at show; creation of the artists' show packets; artists placement show roster.
● Management of all aspects of the artist side of show from set-up through breakdown. Including: all on-site "troubleshooting" during the course of the show, and serving as a liaison between McMenamins and Cracked Pots artists.
Show information management
● Creation of and implementation of pre-show CP website materials, including an artists' gallery and a roster of 2018 show artists.
● Liaison with McMenamins Edgefield for site-related aspects of the show, including the Memorandum of Understanding between CP and McMenamins; insurance documentation; and interface with the catering staff.
● Maintenance of all show records, including financial record keeping; handling the purchase of supplies or materials needed for the operation of the show within budget.
● Work closely with the CP Edgefiled Team and CP Board President (the EEM supervisor) regarding all show management activities.
Additional Roles, as needed
● Handle additional tasks as specified by the CP Board, staff, or committee teams.
Note: This job description is subject to modification, as needed, by the CP Board.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include your first and last name in the body of the email. The deadline for applications is January 1, 2018 by Midnight.