Position Opening:Cracked Pots, Inc. Communications Coordinator
Pay Rate: $16
Hours: Part time, flexible; 40 hours per month
Work Days: Flexible.
Benefits: No medical or vacation benefits offered
Application due by: March 22, 29019
Position begins: April 15, 2019
Cracked Pots, Inc. (CP) is a non-profit environmental & arts organization devoted to reducing waste & promoting creative re-use in our community. At ReClaim It! (RCI), our retail store, we promote reuse through the materials we sell which are gleaned from the "dump" - the Metro Transfer Station. Through Cracked Pots art shows, featuring artists who use reclaimed materials, we promote creative reuse and waste reduction in our community.
Cracked Pots is looking for a part time Communications Coordinator (CC), someone with a commitment to waste reduction and sustainability. The CC will work closely with both Cracked Pots Board and staff to ensure that our total communications needs are met. The CC will collaborate with leadership and staff and the Marketing Committee to develop and deliver key messages, stories, publications, and events as needed to establish and foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and the media.
The Communications Coordinator supports the activities of Cracked Pots and ReClaim It! in the areas of website management, social media posting, mailing list management & newsletter production. This position requires creativity, teamwork self motivation, responsiveness to feedback, initiative, flexibility and problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have verifiable experience in website management, social media marketing, mailing list maintenance, and excellent communication & writing skills; strong attention to detail is a must; capacity to work independently and as a part of a team; must have skills in photography and creating professional quality marketing materials; blog management experience preferred. We welcome applicants with relevant coursework in Marketing and Communications and an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector.
This position will be supervised by the CP Board Marketing Lead and work closely with the Marketing Committee and staff. All work is subject to Board approval.
Duties of the Communications Coordinator:
1. Manage the Cracked Pots Inc. & Reclaim It! websites:
· Assure that information on both websites (CP and RCI) is updated monthly, and reflects the currents activities/events related to each.
· Work closely with the Marketing Committee, CP Board, staff, and project managers to track activities/events to be highlighted on both websites.
· Coordinate the two websites for accuracy of information and appropriate cross referencing when required.
· Manage a “donation” portion of the websites.
2. Manage the CP. & RCI social media accounts:
· Monitor CP and RCI social media and online presence and draft and post on social media regularly.
· Coordinate with RCI staff on the weekly listing of “for sale” items on the RCI website and social media platforms.
· Create digital, print, and media content including; writing copy, creating sales & event flyers, writing newsletters, organizing & writing press releases, editing images for use on social media, etc. in conjunction with Marketing Committee.
· Tasks will be carried out in collaboration and regular communication with the Marketing Committee, CP Board and program managers and RCI staff.
· Facilitate cross marketing between RCI & CP avoiding duplication of efforts.
3. Manage the CP and RCI mailing lists:
· Create & publish a monthly e-newsletter to our email list and blog.
· Facilitate the mailing of newsletters, and event announcements in a timely fashion using Mailchimp.
· Input new information on a monthly basis, keeping mailing lists current.
· Remove outdated information on a quarterly basis.
· Assure the merger (and lack of duplication) of mail lists when deemed necessary for a particular mailing.
· Respond to general CP email inquiries in a timely manner; answering questions, and directing emails to the appropriate person, board, or staff.
4. Perform administrative tasks including answering emails about events, etc., returning phone calls and working closely with CP Board and staff on all communications needs.
· Serve as point of contact for media and public questions.
· Attend CP Board and Committee meetings and events as requested
5. Meet with and/or report regularly to supervisor on activities being undertaken
· Keep supervisor apprised of project developments.
· Keep a detailed timesheet sand provide monthly activity reports to the supervisor.
6. Perform other duties requested by the CP Board as the need arises.
Skills and Abilities of Communications Coordinator: The ideal candidate for this position will have:
· Verifiable experience working with key social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
· Fluency with Squarespace, Mail Chimp, Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe InDesign, Dropbox and Google Drive.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to “get the job done.”
· A flexible work schedule that facilitates working from home.
· Must have internet and reliable computer access.
· High attention to detail and visual design is a must!
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Commitment to recycling and reuse and a strong interest in CP’s waste reduction mission
To be considered, please submit a brief cover letter, resume and multiple samples of work showcasing visual design, copy writing and photography skills (can be past work done or mock-social media posts) Materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, all materials must be received by March 22, 2019. Materials will be reviewed as they are received.